Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Argo Tea

949 broadway // btwn 22nd & 23rd

Argo Tea is located in the Flat Iron building right across the street from the Park (& Shake Shack!) It's my favorite spot to do homework. Usually I'm stuck indoors in the computer lab isolated from society, here, however- there's big windows, outlets to plug your computer in and two hours of free wi-fi with any purchase! It's great because there are huge windows by the tables so even though I'm doing my homework on my laptop, I can still people watch and feel part of society- I get a lot more done here and feel much more enlightened and inspired! The snacks are great- my favorite is the terriyaki salmon baguette for $3.95 (it is a small portion, though). The teas are great as well, my favorite is shown here: Coconut bubble tea, black tea based (which is the strongest). The drinks can get a bit pricey because they do charge for soy and if you get a sugar-free syrup they charge extra as well. For a medium-iced-coconut bubble-tea-soy it can cost up to $5+. You also get an Argo Tea Card, after purchasing 10 you get one free & on your birthday. Also, once you register it online (which takes legit, 2 minutes) you automatically get a free tea as well.

[ I figured out how to beat the system! instead of buying 10 or waiting till your birthday to get your free drink, you can keep losing your card and keep re-registering. Everytime you re-register you get a free drink with your new card! ...Just make sure you don't do it too often where the staff rccognizes you and catches on =P ....i'm juuuuuust saaaaaaayin`]

*special thanks to Jonathan Kirkland for being in the picture with me and trying out my favorite flavor!

XO/E

No comments:

Post a Comment